FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can applications still be turned in at orientation?
YES, however, the fee will be $60. You can register online with your phone. A paper application will also be available.
What does the membership offer a Junior Golfer?
• The Junior Golfer can purchase a set of starter golf clubs’ w/bag for $30. These clubs can be traded in for another set when the golfer out-grows them at no cost.
• Small bucket of range balls at all courses are good as long as the member's card is active. Please do not hit range balls on the practice day.
• Junior golfer can play any of the Village courses the whole year for the Junior Golf rate – Coronado anytime there is an opening, other courses after 2 p.m. However, if the junior golfer rides in a golf cart, there is a cart seat charge.
How do I know what holes to sign up for?
• 5 Holes –Red Tees - Never played before and/or scored over 30 hitting from the red tees.
• 5 Holes – Gold Tees- Have scored at least once under 30 from the red tees. Will stay on gold tees until you score two scores 35 or above (females & males).
• 9 Holes – Gold & White Tees – Scored 35 or under (female from gold; males from white). Will stay on 9 holes (gold or white) until you score two scores under 50.
• 18 Holes – Gold & White Tees – Have scored under 50 twice on 9 holes (females gold & makes white).
ALL MOVES MUST BE APPROVED BY JACK BARRY
Do I always have to play the same holes if I improve?
NO, refer to No. 3 above.
Can I register anytime during the year?
YES, however, if registering after our deadline in May the fee is $60.
My junior golfer will miss orientation. Can I attend without him/her?
YES, see the Information Sheet on our website for what goes on at orientation.
Where do I pick up my Junior Golf Membership Card?
Membership cards are handed out at orientation. If you cannot attend orientation you can pick up your card during our season at either Magellan Golf Course on our Wednesday practice day from 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. OR at Coronado Golf Course on Thursday play days. You can also contact Sharon Medica at 501.922.2097.
Where do I report for practice & get a tee time?
• 5-hole players - Wednesday, please drop off and pick up your juniors at the Magellan cart barn parking lot across from Magellan Golf Course. Someone will drive you across the road to the golf course. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Tee times are assigned when the junior checks in before practice. Practice begins at 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
• 9- & 18-hole players report to the Granada Golf Course driving range. Tee times are assigned before practice begins at 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Do I need a new tee time every week?
YES. Tee times are assigned each Wednesday at practice for play on Thursday at Coronado Golf Course.
Can I get a tee time without attending practice?
NO. Tee times are assigned at practice. Our On-Course Volunteer needs to know how many tee times we have in order to find volunteers to go out with the golfers.
I have a POA family membership card. Do I still need the Junior Golf Membership card?
YES, you do. The Junior Golf Program is a 501C organization. Refer to No. 2 for the benefits of the membership card.
My junior golfer will miss the first 2 or 3 practices in June and a couple of weeks in July. Do I need to let anyone know?
NO, as long as they do not have an existing tee time, they just attend the sessions they can. However, to qualify for the tournament the golfer must have two scores recorded with the program.
What if my junior golfer has a tee time for Thursday and cannot play or it is raining?
Call Coronado Golf Course at 501.922.2355 to CANCEL or to check to see if play has been canceled. Be considerate of our on-course volunteers so they do not arrive at the course to find out that the junior did not show up.
Can I follow my Junior Golfer on the course on Thursday to watch him/her play?
NO, we have found the golfer is paying more attention to the parent/grandparent than golf. It also creates distractions for the volunteers & other golfers.
I don’t live in the Village how do I get through the gates?
If you do not own property, print a copy of your application and show it at the gate. If you do own property, show your Property Owners Card at the gate.
When is the last day to sign up for the 2-day tournament & picnic?
Two weeks before the tournament. Staff needs this time to flight the golfers and assign tee times. Tee time cards will be handed out the week before the tournament and will also be posted on our website.
Balboa Pavilion & Golf Course Locations:
• Balboa Pavilion – On Ponce de Leon Drive between Desoto Boulevard and Baleric Road on Lake Balboa
• Magellan Golf Course – 451 Ponce de Leon Drive – 501.922.5597
• Granada Golf Course – 250 Maderas Drive – 501.922.3095
• Coronado Golf Course – 199 Surtidor Way – 501.922.2355